1. Make it a habit to start your day with a prayer, as soon as you wake up. This will demonstrate to God that He is the number one priority in your life.
2. Spend more time reading the Bible than you spend on social media.
3. Be proactive in putting what you read in the Bible into practice. (Philippians – 4:9)
4. Use the Word of God as a shield to overcome the lies of the enemy when he whispers into your ears; Jesus used this tactic to defeat the devil in the wilderness. (Matthew 4:3)
5. Make a habit of finding a meaningful Bible verse every day to memorize and meditate on; this is one of the fastest ways to renew your mind and align yourself with God’s perfect will over your life. (Joshua 1:8)
6. Remove yourself from situations that would most likely lead you to sin.
7. Share your testimonies with others; this will help lay a foundation for others to strengthen their faith and draw near to God.
8. Cultivate your gifts and godly passions knowing that He deposited specific gifts in you so that you can use them. For example, God wouldn’t bless you with a talented singing voice if He didn’t want you to use it for His glory. (Proverbs 22:29)
9. Make it an aim to surround yourself with spirit-filled believers who are sold out on Christ, so that by just being in proximity with these people your dedication to Christ will rise drastically.
10. Ask God to forgive you for your sins; true repentance is clearly understood as changing your mind, from wanting to sin to not sinning at all. This results in a change of our actions.